As fall sets in, it is a perfect time for Farfalle with Sausages and Mushrooms. It is comfort food at it’s best. Serve it with a nice green salad and perhaps a glass of wine.
Farfalle with Sausages and Mushrooms is a tasty combination of Farfalle (Bowtie) pasta, Italian sausage, mushrooms and peppers in a cream sauce.
It have made it with mild Italian sausages, which gave it a nice bite, but I have also made it with some local Chicken, Asiago and Pepper sausages. In both cases the sausages had a little spice in them, which added to the flavour of the dish.
Farfalle with Sausage and Mushrooms
|Serves||4 - 6|
|Inspiration||Modified Taste of Home recipe|
- 2 Cups uncooked farfalle (bowtie) pasta
- 4 - 5 Italian sausages (have also used Chicken Asiago Pepper Sausages)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 Medium to large onion (medium chop)
- 1 clove garlic (chopped)
- 1 Sweet red, yellow, orange or green pepper (medium chop)
- 8 - 10 Medium sized cremini or white mushrooms
- 1/2 Tsp salt
- freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 2 Cups half and half cream (10%)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp freshly chopped parsley